We may collect personal information from you when you engage us to provide services that we offer either in person, over the phone or via email including, but not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your contact information, including but not limited to, your email address, telephone and/or mobile number, postal/physical address;
- Your location;
- Your interactions with us i.e. whether you have engaged our services in the past and what those services were;
- Your purchase information: and
- The registration, number plate and any other relevant details of your motor vehicle(s).
We collect your personal information to:
- Provide a complete customer service for our customers and increase the quality of the experience we give you;
- Register vehicles sold with NZTA under the correct ownership details
- Send you reminder notifications for vehicle warranty’s, servicing, warrant of fitness inspections and other general services for your motor vehicle; and
- Send email marketing to your email address if you agree to us doing so.
We share this information with:
- The respective franchise where applicable including Toyota New Zealand, Holden New Zealand, MG New Zealand, Hyundai New Zealand and Renault New Zealand in order to maintain vehicle warranty’s, recalls and general information; and
- The New Zealand Transport Authority in order to meet our obligations under the Land Transport Act 1998 as a vehicle dealer and issuing agent.
- The GWD Group of Companies including but not limited to; GWD Russells Ltd, GWD Auto Hub Ltd and GWD Holdings Ltd.
Providing information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide information required by Toyota New Zealand, Holden New Zealand, MG New Zealand, Hyundai New Zealand and Renault New Zealand we may be unable to provide warranty and/or motor vehicle sale services to you. If you choose not to provide information required by the New Zealand Transport Authority we will be unable to register or complete warrant of fitness inspections on your motor vehicle.
We keep your information safe by storing it on our secured database and only providing select staff with permission to access the database.
When you provide us with personal information, we are obliged to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 2020 (the “Act”) and will only collect, hold, use and disclose that information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act. This means we will:
- Use personal information only for the purpose we collect it for;
- Retain that information only for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it; and
- Disclose or release it to a third party only where we are required to or we are permitted by law to do so, if you have authorised the release or disclosure, or where it is the purpose (or a directly related purpose) for which the information was collected.
If you think we have breached the Act or you would like to find out more about our obligations, information is available at www.privacy.org.nz.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected. If you would like to request a copy of your personal information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 0800 493 000, or PO Box 79 Invercargill 9840. If you wish to unsubscribe from any email marketing communications you have previously agreed we can send you, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email or phone or write to us using the contact information above.